Our classes will consist of a variety of practices from the tradition of Wisdom Healing Qigong. We will do separate practices of the Awakening Vitality method as well as putting them all together as one flow. Those practices include:
- Setting the Chi Field–meditation to bring our minds into our bodies, to connect with the earth and the universe vertically, to align our spine for maximum energy movement, and to expand and receive energy horizontally in all directions to connect with the planet earth. We are also connecting with the chi field as a subset of source energy specifically cultivated for healing.
- Spinal Bone Marrow (a gentle twist with energetic visualization of awakening a healthy spine)
- Hip Rotations (slow, gentle rotations to encourage lower back flexibility and opening of the energy gates of the Mingmen and Dantien). Creates flow throughout the central nervous system to bring healing throughout the entire body, and is especially effective for improving neurological challenges such as Parkinson’s disease.
- Crane’s Neck (brings energy and flexibility to the neck area, a vital connection between brain and heart–opens the energy gates of the head and neck)
- Shoulder Rotations (to open the shoulders and spine and make way for light and energy to flow around and through the entire spine)
- Bending Spine (lower back and leg flexibility, opening up the Mingmen gate of life)
- Chen Chi (opens shoulders and chest, lungs and heart; for connecting heart to earth)
- Lachi (an energy practice to expand/give and receive/concentrate our energy with source energy; a healing practice)
- Gratitude Bow (to the chi field, to the world, to each other, to our teachers and all other practitioners of qigong and all practices that promote peace, love and healing of ourselves, each other, and our planet.
In addition, we will introduce the Inner Smile Meditation, Standing Meditation, Wall Squats, and the Six Golden Keys of Qigong.
Handouts, audios and videos for your home practice will be provided. For Bishop classes, click here for information on when they are offered. To sign up for online classes with The Chi Center and Master Mingtong Gu, click here.